Travel Alert Florida

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Sponsored Article

Word is finally starting to reach Canada regarding a new law passed in the state of Florida as of January 1, 2013.


All Non-Americans require an International Driving Permit (IDP) to operate a motor vehicle.


Panicked, stranded travellers are calling the CAA offices in Canada as rental cars, driving your vehicle and insurance are affected unless you present an IDP.


The good news is they are quick to obtain at any CAA office. All you require is a valid drivers license and $25.00. A photo will be taken on site and the International Driving Permit is issued immediately.


Kudos to CAA for being ready for this high volume demand.


Tourism offices and CAA are appealing to the State of Florida to remove the law. Until that happens the law is in full effect.


Enjoy your March Break and don't forget the sun screen.



Heidi C. Webster

General Manager

Cartier Place Suite Hotel

Ottawa, Ontario

Expert Bloggers is a marketing feature of Ottawa Business Journal. To participate, please email

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page