February 05, 2013
TechTuesday - The Pitch
- Place : The Marshes Golf Club, 320 Terry Fox Dr.
- Time : 17:30
- Details :
Next Tuesday, February 5th, we will be hosting the TechTuesday networking event at the Marshes Golf Club.
We are introducing a new event at TechTuesday – The Pitch. This gives three Ottawa based companies the opportunity to pitch their businesses to a panel of accredited and angel investors and venture capitalists. Starting at 5:30pm, each company will have six minutes to present after which the panel will have five minutes of Q&A’s.
Following the presentations, the panelists will deliberate and then announce the winning company. While there is no expectation that companies will receive an investment of any kind, they will however receive valuable feedback from the panel. Please come along and support our local companies!
In addition, our guest speaker this month will be Dr Adam Chowaniec, a distinguished entrepreneur and the founding chairman of Startup Canada. Startup Canada is a grassroots, entrepreneur-led, volunteer-run, non-profit network that launched in May 2012 to bring together and give a voice to the Canadian entrepreneurship community and to promote a vibrant entrepreneurial culture. Adam will give an update on the progress that has been made to date by the Startup Canada team
As usual, the event (held on the first Tuesday of each month) runs from 5:30 onwards. Please make sure you add it to your calendars. There will be a cash bar, hors d'oeuvres and snacks very kindly sponsored by Deloitte.
Please RSVP to email@example.com.
- February 7, 2013 - BPW Ottawa monthly meeting
- February 9, 2013 - User Group Connect
- February 21, 2013 - National Capital India Forum
- February 21, 2013 - Exploriem Bootstrap Awards
- February 22, 2013 - Ottawa DrupalCamp
- February 25, 2013 - The Toxic Workplace
- February 27, 2013 - Kanata Chamber of Commerce Academy
- February 28, 2013 - Kanata Chamber of Commerce: Business After Hours
- February 28, 2013 - Renfrew and Area Chamber of Commerce AGM
- March 13, 2013 - How to do business with government (city/provincial/federal)