June 11, 2014
Plaza of Honour: Tartan Homes founder Wes Nicol
- Place : World Exchange Plaza amphitheatre (plaque unveiling); Sheraton Ottawa Hotel (luncheon)
- Time : 10:30
- Details :
The “Plaza of Honour” was created in 1996 when the World Exchange Plaza and the Ottawa-Carleton Board of Trade (now the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce) joined forces to name this amphitheatre, the Plaza of Honour.
The first year, 15 recipients were inducted into the Plaza spanning over 20 years, when the first “Business Person of the Year” was named in 1974, by the Board of Trade. Since then the recipient of this award has been inducted annually. This award has now been given the name of “Lifetime Achievement Award” with Jim Durrell being the first recipient in 2012.
Each recipient is honoured with a plaque set into the sidewalk similar to Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. These plaques pay tribute in a permanent and visible way to people who have been successful in business and contributed to the success of their community.
As you look at the existing names on the steps, you’ll recognize many names including: Ian Sherman, Cyril Leeder, Rod Bryden, Brian McGarry, Leonard Lee, Jean Piggot, Len Potechin, Robert Merkley, and Alex Beraskow, to name a few.
Join us to honour this year's Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Tartan Homes founder Wes Nicol.
- More information
- June 19, 2014 - Forty Under 40 gala
- June 24, 2014 - RedBlacks Luncheon
- June 26, 2014 - Mayor's Breakfast: Tim Hortons CEO Marc Ciara
- August 17, 2014 - Big Wild Challenge
- August 20, 2014 - A Model For Urban Innovation - Learning From Israel's Renewable Energy Sun Valley
- August 26, 2014 - OBJ / Ottawa Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament
- September 9, 2014 - Free Youth Small Business Program
- October 8, 2014 - In-TAC Career Expo 2014
- October 17, 2014 - L2 Learn - Lead Ottawa
- October 18, 2014 - The National Franchise & Business Opportunities Show