For the second year in a row, technology and management consulting firm A Hundred Answers is the highest-ranking local business in the Profit 500 list of fastest-growing Canadian companies.
Sean Murphy is the CEO of A Hundred Answers.
With five-year revenue growth of 4,010 per cent, the Ottawa firm placed 15th on the Canadian list. It posted revenues in the $5-million to $9.9-million range and has a headcount of 46.
Iceberg Networks, which provides software and services to governments and banks, was No. 2 among Ottawa companies, coming in 59th overall. With revenue between $2 million and $4.9 million, it has experienced five-year growth of 1,137 per cent. Iceberg employs 19 people.
Fresh off its latest funding announcement, You.i TV came in third among local leaders and 65th overall. The user interface software maker also has revenue between $2 million and $4.9 million, with five-year growth of 1,079 per cent. You.i has added more than 100 employees in the past year.
Sixteen Ottawa companies appeared on the top 500 list. That’s down from 2014, when 23 local firms made the grade.
Here are the remaining companies, with their overall rank, last year’s overall rank and five-year revenue growth in parenthesis:
4. Ontario Rental and Supply (76/61/981 per cent)
5. Stoneshare (98/91/710 per cent)
6. Avaleris (135/347/486 per cent)
7. The KTL Group (156/135/407 per cent)
8. Superna (161/22/396 per cent)
9. Orangutech (206/157/297 per cent)
10. Pythian (209/--/284 per cent)
11. Thermal Energy International (256/460/232 per cent)
12. PiiComm (263/162/221 per cent)
13. Epiphan Video (360/226/135 per cent)
14. Veritaaq (408/405/104 per cent)
15. Iron Horse Security (490/466/57 per cent)
16. Thinkwrap Commerce (498/411/47 per cent)
Alberta-based Western Manufacturing got the nod as Canada’s fastest-growing company. The firm, which makes equipment for the energy sector, had five-year revenue growth of a whopping 25,719 per cent.