Updated at 15:54 - To celebrate Small Business Week, OBJ will publish stories of the successes and challenges faced by some of the city's...
Jayme, October 12, 2016, 09:17
- April 12, 2016 - Bleeker Stereo & TV to close doors after 56 years
- March 30, 2016 - Rideau Centre among country's most profitable malls: Avison Young report
- March 08, 2016 - Danier Leather starts store closing sales at locations across Canada
- February 29, 2016 - Saks Off 5th Ottawa location to open March 24
- February 10, 2016 - Labour council to appeal decision allowing Glebe retailers to open on six stat holidays
- January 27, 2016 - Walmart's move to Bayshore offers groceries, convenience, says general manager
- January 25, 2016 - Buying in to Nordstrom: Retailer says move to Ottawa has been 'really positive'
- October 13, 2015 - UPDATE: Costco's move to Shoppers City East still up in the air?
- October 07, 2015 - Town Shoes to bring DSW and 60 jobs to Train Yards in spring 2016
- August 12, 2015 - Lee Valley Tools to open 16th store in the fall
- July 24, 2015 - Facebook followers mourn the end of Ottawa Folklore Centre
- July 16, 2015 - Rona buying 20 stores in Quebec, Ontario, eliminating franchise structure
- July 09, 2015 - Ikea to install free electric vehicle charging stations at all 12 Canadian shops
- July 03, 2015 - Wal-Mart Canada chooses Ottawa for online grocery shopping launch
- June 15, 2015 - Costco to move to Shoppers City East in 2017: sources
- June 09, 2015 - Blacks to shutter all 59 photography stores in Canada as of August
- June 05, 2015 - Clocktower to take over former Wendy's on Elgin
- June 03, 2015 - Farm Boy's Ontario expansion to hit Kitchener
- June 03, 2015 - RioCan confirms Lowe’s moving to former Target St. Laurent location
- May 08, 2015 - Walmart goes shopping, picks up two Target Canada Ottawa locations, 13 across Canada
- May 07, 2015 - Saks plans to open its first Off 5th outlets in Ontario spring of 2016, including Ottawa location
- April 01, 2015 - Buying into the "Nordstrom Way"
- March 30, 2015 - Future Shop closure 'inevitable' but doesn't spell end of tech retailers: experts
- March 30, 2015 - Target Canada store signs, shopping carts, bags sold for $2.2 million
- March 26, 2015 - Ricki's, Bootlegger, Cleo fashion stores downsizing under court protection
- March 24, 2015 - Ottawa Target closures coming April 1
- March 24, 2015 - La Vie en Rose buying insolvent swimwear retailer Bikini Village, Gatineau location one of only four to close
- March 13, 2015 - Smiths Falls' Target one of 16 to close next week
- March 13, 2015 - New restaurant, retail offerings at airport, more to come in 2015
- March 10, 2015 - Health and wellness retail partnership announced