The two-year-old firm spent $5 million on the water tower and 10 new water slides, which opened in 2011. Despite inclement weather that year, Calypso's attendance remained steady year-over-year at 400,000.
The full list of companies honoured include:
- New Company of the Year - Music and Beyond
- Event of the Year - National Capital Commission's Canada Day
- Tourism Partnership of the Year - AVW-TELAV Audio Visual Solutions and Ottawa Convention Centre
- Tourism Volunteer of the Year - Deneen Perrin, director of public relations for the Fairmont Château Laurier
- Tourism Leader - Jim Watson, Mayor of Ottawa
- Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award - Deirdre Kelly and Bruce Stutz, "Canada Day in the Capital", Canadian Geographic Travel magazine.
In addition, Paul Norris was honoured again for being named 2011 Star of the City, while Algonquin College student Denise Lavergne received a tourism scholarship.