An Ottawa-based high-tech company is shifting its focus to a simpler solution that could solve some common COVID-19 concerns while funding a more rapid response to the pandemic
CRGroup’s Vijay Jog offers three steps to modernize strategic management functions of the finance role.
Shopify says it is suspending its financial outlook for the year because of the uncertainty stemming from COVID-19.
- The Sens organization is implementing temporary layoffs and salary reductions due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Guards at an Ottawa jail refused to work Tuesday morning due to the lack of COVID-19 screening of those going inside the institution, the union…
An Ottawa-born pharmaceutical company is teaming up with the National Research Council in a bid to develop a vaccine that will target COVID-19 as well as two other deadly coronaviruses.
Our current crisis is teaching us that social spaces within our increasingly dense urban places matter, writes Architects DCA president Toon Dreessen
- While the CHEO Gala on April 1 has been canceled, the online auction is still open!
- The Businesswoman of the Year Awards have been rescheduled to September 18, 2020. The WBN looks forward to celebrating with you in the fall.
A Perth-based distillery is turning to the public to help fund its pivot from liquor to hand sanitizer to boost the supplies needed on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic
When businesses in downtown Cornwall began reeling from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, local entrepreneur Kelly Bergeron wasted no time trying to figure out ways to help support beleaguered…
The City of Ottawa’s Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee approved $150,000 of spending last week for the city’s rural wards in the year ahead
- In the latest issue of the OBJ newsmagazine, publisher Michael Curran talks about how the COVID-19 disruption will usher in a new era of doing…
- In the second video of Ottawa Business Journal's Coping with COVID-19 series, OBJ explores the employment law considerations of temporary layoffs
CANADA - WORLD
Finance Minister Bill Morneau says imposing hard and fast rules about who can receive federal aid to weather the economic shock from COVID-19 was the only way to get the money out the door quickly
Here's a quick look at some of the federal COVID-19 benefit programs and who qualifies for assistance
With working from home now a reality for many, Stratford Managers shares practical strategies for leaders to engage and stay close with distant teams