In part two of our CEO of the Year profile, Kinaxis's boss talks about how his upbringing made him resilient and why diversity in the workplace is so important.
Leading businesses and organizations find fresh ways of engaging employees through corporate giving
Company grew from a fledgling startup with two trucks and 10 employees three years ago to a publicly traded firm with more than 600 employees and 120 vehicles.
How will major donors react to this pandemic? Without the cocktails, dinners and performances, will the wealthiest among us still take out their foundation chequebooks?
- In a career that spans nearly 20 years, Chris Pogue has held senior roles at firms such as MDA, General Dynamics Canada and CAE Canada.
- The firm that couldn’t crack $10 million in annual sales when its CEO arrived is now projecting revenues of at least $220 million in the current…
- Shopify vice-president of growth Luc Levesque and Invest Ottawa vice-president of human resources Heidi Hauver are two of the 11 recipients being…
Commissionaires prides itself on delivering a great customer experience
Ottawa company says that with just one click, system can determine which staff members and residents came into contact with a person infected with COVID-19, when and for how long.
- Join the Ottawa business community in celebrating the most successful and innovative companies of the year
- Join Mayor Jim Watson, OBOT and the OBJ as the highly anticipated Mayor's Breakfast returns with Diane Brisebois, president & CEO, Retail Council of Canada.
Co-founder Shawn Winter says $25-million deal will help bootstrapped eastern Ontario enterprise break through in the lucrative U.S. market as well as build its customer base in Europe.
MetalCraft Marine Inc. will build 24 barges as part of federal government's $1.5-billion Oceans Protection Plan.
Exponential growth in electric vehicles leading to growing demand for battery recycling
- Company said this week it’s reached an agreement with Toronto-based Apolo III Acquisition Corp. to complete a reverse takeover.
- Jamaal Jackson Rogers is putting the final touches on the Black Rhino Artist Retreat in Kinburn, a new space he says will be the region’s first four-…
CANADA - WORLD
Interim pact is a placeholder that buys Canada and Britain another year to reach a more comprehensive agreement.
Increased revenue from parcel shipping failed to compensate for higher pandemic-related costs
The pandemic and the demands of raising children are likely to blame for the exit of women from the workforce, while men are benefiting from growth in the science, technology, engineering and math…
- An in-depth look at the local manufacturing sector.
- SPONSOREDWith many conferences and conventions rescheduled, several of the city’s top chefs are hard at work planning new ways of using food to bring people together.
- SPONSOREDTrust-building starts with a leader’s ability to listen, connect, and cultivate empathy with people.
- Logan's Heroes event sets $200K fundraising goal with help from The Foundation WCPD, Syntax Strategic, Virtually Fitness